DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Conducting on site energy assessments for lighting and controls.
• Conduct energy analysis and calculations with the objective of reduction in usage.
• Lighting level calculations and layouts.
• Design specifications for automated controls as appropriate for the facility.
• Must be able to troubleshoot electrical and power installations.
• Use an applied approach based on a comprehensive understanding of technology.
• Develop engineering designs and drawings from preliminary concepts and sketches.
• Write specifications, schedules, technical reports and control schedules and budgets.
• Review drawings produced by other personnel and vendors, and incorporate them into project drawings.
• Prepare contract and tender documents.
• Some Project Coordinator responsibilities.
• Carry out a wide range of work, either independently or under general direction.
• Willing to travel to client facilities
• Develop and mentor other team members.
SKILLS AND SPECIFICATIONS
• Capability of assuming responsibility and exercising independent judgement in the practice of engineering or applied science technology.
• Ability to evaluate assignments, determine procedures and implement solutions, schedule work to meet objectives, participate in short- and long-range planning, and may become involved in developing and promoting conceptual change.
• Prepare and interpret conventional CAD engineering designs, drawings and specifications.
• Ability to exercise sound judgment in technical matters, to routinely solve technical problems and to make independent decisions.
• Knowledge of engineering codes and standards used in design, and construction of energy efficient buildings.
• Excellent oral and written English communication skills and previous experience making technical presentations to small and large audiences.
• Ability to work effectively in a multidisciplinary team and interact with staff at various levels of the organization.
• Effective presentation skills
• Ability to effective use MS Office suite, especially, Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Project.
• Knowledge of different lighting technologies.
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS
• 3-5 years of combined work and educational experience within Lighting and/or construction environment.
• Attained Lighting Design certificate
• Achieved a degree in Electrical Engineering, Architecture, or Lighting Design from a university or college of recognized standing.
• Demonstrate knowledge of the Ontario Electrical Safety Code / Canadian Electrical Code, National Building Code of Canada, National Fire Code of Canada, and IEEE Electrical Standards.
Send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com . Please note that only successful candidates will be contacted.